SCREEN-L Archives

June 1997, Week 5

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 07:44:34 -0700
The Screen-L moderating system slipped up recently and allowed another
post from Woodside International Literary Agency to slip through (see
below).  Woodside is a frequent sender of bulk e-mail (spam).  Usually
we catch their spam before it gets through to Screen-L, but we missed
one this week.

As a "literary agency," Woodside's business practices have been called
into question. In addition, they have been accused of using the Internet
to merciless harass one individual (Jayne Hitchcock) who complained
about their operation.

For the full story, visit Hitchcock's Web page:

http://www.geocities.com/~hitchcockc/woodside.html