SCREEN-L Archives

March 2005, Week 4

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 06:53:30 -0600
Thanks for the heads up, Paul.  I had missed this.

Here are the specifics on the panel.  I'd urge all Screen-L subscribers
to attend.

(If anyone's curious about the rest of the conference program, you may
find it at

http://www.cmstudies.org/documents/2005%20SCMS%20CONFERENCE%20PROGRAM.pdf

-- SCMS panel --

Friday, April 1, 2005 12:00-1:45pm
E1: Use It or Lose It: Fair Use, Digital Media, and Film Studies
Room: 728
Chair: Peter Jaszi (American University)
Patricia Aufderheide (American University), "Just Don't Sing Happy
Birthday: Creative
Tensions for Documentary Filmmakers in Today's Intellectual Property
Regime, and
Consequences for Film Culture"
Peter Jaszi (American University), "Fair Use Crisis--Paper Withdrawn on
10/6/04"
John Belton (Rutgers University), "Fair Use and Film Studies"
Peter Decherney (University of Pennsylvania), "Digital Rights
Management: The
Technology Eroding Fair Use"
Respondent: Ronan Deazley (University of Durham)

--
Jeremy Butler
www.ScreenSite.org