SCREEN-L Archives

February 2006, Week 1

From:
James Steffen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 16:03:00 -0500
Thanks, Jessica. SONG OF THE EXILE a great suggestion. I saw the film
years ago and thought it was very moving. There *is* a subtitled DVD
available, but it's an import and requires a region-free multistandard
DVD player. It sounds as if the quality is not all that hot, but the
film itself is certainly worth seeing.

I'm reluctant to push individual vendors, but so far I've only been
able to find it at:

HKFlix.com
http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.532705/qx/details.htm

Hope this helps.

Best,
James Steffen

James M. Steffen
Lecturer, Film Studies
Film and Theater Subject Liaison
Robert W. Woodruff Library Emory University
540 Asbury Circle
Atlanta, GA 30322-2870

Phone: (404) 727-8107
FAX: (404) 727-2257