SCREEN-L Archives

April 1991

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 91 16:36:08 CDT
A little comic relief from Blaine Allan, bounced over to SCREEN-L...

 A friend of mine and Iwere talking about the fact that the programmer at the
 Princess Court, the local rep cinema, was planning to capitalize on the
 success of Green Card by running a series of films with that noted hunque,
 Gerard Depardieu. That led to speculating on a series, The Two Jerrys--Lewis
 and Depardieu.

 Even better as a casting coup. Can 50 million Francais be fou? Together
 ensemble for the first time le premier fois, Lewis et Depardieu. We even
 thought of an opening musical number--"I'm Jerry with a J / I'm Gerry with a
 G."

 Or, maybe, following the trend to make Hollywood versions of French films, how
 about making Depardieu's films with Lewis in his roles. We could start with
 THE RETURN OF (DEAN) MARTIN (&) JER.