SCREEN-L Archives

July 1995, Week 5

Sender:
From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 1995 16:15:27 -0700
The University Film and Video Association's International Festival
Directory For Students has just been installed on SCREENsite:

http://www.sa.ua.edu/TCF/prod/index.htm

Here's further info from its introduction...

> One of the missions of the UFVA Student Film & Video Festival is the
> promotion and support of student film and videomakers worldwide. The
> following list of 'student-friendly' festivals and resources was
> gathered as a service to students and faculty.
>
> This list will be updated and available annually only through the
> UFVA Student Film and Video Festival. It is by no means
> comprehensive, and we apologize to any organizations that may have
> been overlooked. If you are aware of any possible additions or
> changes for our directory, please contact us at 1-800-499-UFVA or
> (215)923-3532. This directory is compiled and edited by Dave Kluft &
> Frida Firestone.
>
> (Please contact the festival or organization prior to sending any
> materials; deadlines & other info may change. All entry fees listed
> are for students; other fees may apply to non-students.)
>
> Student Festivals & Awards
>
> ACADEMY OF MOTION PICTURE ARTS AND SCIENCES STUDENT ACADEMY AWARDS
>
> Address: 8949 Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills, CA 90211-1972
>
> Phone: (310)247-3000, extension 130. Fax: (310)859-9619.
>
> Contact: Rich Miller. Deadline: April. No Entry fee.
>
> ...is open annually to students enrolled in film courses in
> colleges, universities, art and film schools throughout the U.S.
> Four Categories: Animation, Documentary, Alternative, and Dramatic.
> Cash awards given in all categories. No entry fee.
>
> ACADEMY OF TELEVISION ARTS AND SCIENCES COLLEGE TELEVISION AWARDS
>
> Address: 5220 Lankershim Blvd., North Hollywood, CA 91601-3109
>
> Phone: (818)754-2800
>
> No entry fee
>
> ...recognizes excellence in college student film/video productions.
> Several Categories. Cash Prizes.
>
> AECT INTERNATIONAL STUDENT MEDIA FESTIVAL
>
> Association for Educational Communications & Technology, 2644 Riva
> Rd., Annapolis, MD 21401
>
> Phone: (708)692-8233. Fax: (708)825-0677.
>
> Contact: Mike Maszczenski. Deadline: October. Entry fee: $10.
>
> .... accepts student work in various formats. Several age and genre
> categories..
>
> ALAMO AMERICAN FILM COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS
>
> Address: PO BOX 22776, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33335
>
> Phone : (305)527-6542. Fax: (305)468-2184.
>
> Deadline: April. Entry fee: $25
>
> ... national student festival sponsored by Alamo Rent A Car. Various
> categories and prizes.

Thanks go to Dave Kluft for sending the Directory our way.

Jeremy Butler

SCREENsite coordinator
http://www.sa.ua.edu/tcf/welcome.htm