SCREEN-L Archives

September 1992

Sender:
From:
"Andrew B. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 1992 12:27:00 EDT
To anyone wishing to see John Boorman's _Excalibur,_ I have news.

Warner issued this magnificently photographed [shot in Ireland, lots o' green!]
film in WIDESCREEN on laserdisc.  The film played in most of the US in 1.85 and
monoral sound.  This presnetation reportedly retains the 1.85:1 aspect ratio,
the "R" ratehr than "PG" cut, and incorporates the magnetic stereo that was
available in only a few theatres.

If anyone has viewed this disc, I'd be interested in a critique.

Best regards,

Andrew Jones    | The views expressed here are my own, and not meant to
BBN Libraries   | represent BBN's views, values, interpretations, and I
Cambridge MA    | just hate reading disclaimers, don't you?