SCREEN-L Archives

August 1997, Week 4

From:
Soeren Ney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 1997 09:45:19 -0400
>  To give you a feel for our dilemma, titles
>  already suggested to us include (no, we won't defend all of these) Blue
>  Velvet, Crash, Fatal Attraction, The Collector, Rope, Lolita, Angels and
>  Insects, M Butterfly, Blood Simple, Dr. Strangelove, The Rapture,
Chinatown,
>  Hard Core, In The Realm of the Senses, Dressed to Kill, Dead Ringers,
Chloe
>  in the Afternoon, Rambling Rose, City of Women, Swept Away.
>  I feel strongly this loose list overlooks some further compelling
examples.
>  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

here are my suggestions:

The Brood
Shievers
Videodrome    (nearly all films by David Cronenberg are dealing with
"perversion")

Nekromantik
Nekromantik 2 by Joerg Buttgereit.

Both films are german productions so I don t know if they are available in
the US. But their plot is about necrophilia and the footage is quite
explicit...highly recommended for your list!

Day of the woman/I spit on your grave by Meir Zarchi
Tokio Decadence by Ryu Murakami
Gothic by Ken Russel
Bloodsucking Freaks by Joel M Reed
Mark of the Devil by Michael Armstrong
Mark of the Devil II by Adrian Hoven
Hellraiser by Cliver Barker
Maniac by William Lustig
Bloodlust by Marijan Vajda
120 Days of Sodom by Piere Paolo Pasolini
Sick: The Life and Death of Bob Flanagan, Supermasochist by Kirby Dick

Those films are of course very different in their quality but I hope this
list will help you.

Soeren Ney
Kiel. Germany

http://www.sa.ua.edu/screensite