SCREEN-L Archives

April 1997, Week 4

From:
Dennis Doros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 10:01:01 -0400
Dear Charles,

These four titles have been picked up by video companies, and therefore,
prints have not been available in any format. However, it is sometimes
possible to get/rent the rights from the video distributor and rent/borrow
the film from the old 16mm distributor.
 So heregoes...
SEVEN BEAUTIES (Fox Lorber, I believe, Kit Parker had prints)
SWEPT AWAY (the same)
DISCREET CHARM OF THE BOURGEOISIE (UGC in Paris, don't know about 16mm)
TEOREMA (Meridian Video in Los Angeles. Horrible 16mm prints at Budget -- not
really in existence or Films Inc. I think)

However, these should be available.
LA CEREMONIE.  Easy. That's New Yorker Films.

THE GARDEN OF THE FINZI-CONTINIS (Sony Classics released it theatrically, so
16mm should be New Yorker or Swank)

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
275 West 96th Street, Suite 28C
New York, NY 10025
phone: (212) 865-7449
fax: (212) 222-8952
email: [log in to unmask]

"An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory."
-- Friedrich Engels, 1803-1882