SCREEN-L Archives

June 2007, Week 2

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:03:59 -0500
Bill Kirkpatrick has just published a tutorial on how to create a
compilation of DVD clips for classroom use, using a Mac:

http://tvcrit3.tvcrit.com/content/view/68/116/

He takes the reader through the process step-by-step -- from acquiring clips
from copyrighted DVDs to burning them onto a new DVD.  And he does it all
with free software.

As you may know, in the US the Librarian of Congress has granted TV/film
instructors the right to assemble such clip-DVDs -- as was discussed on
ScreenSite on 24 November 2006:

http://www.screensite.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemid=1

To my knowledge, this is the first tutorial to guide TV/film instructors
through the compilation process.  I'm sorry that, at this point, the
tutorial is only applicable to Mac computers.  If this email reaches someone
with similar knowledge on the Windows platform who would be willing to write
a tutorial, please let me know and we'll add it to TVCrit.com.

--
Jeremy Butler

www.ScreenLex.org
www.ScreenSite.org