SCREEN-L Archives

February 2011, Week 4

Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2011 16:21:45 -0600
Greetings,

We want to let you know that the new issue of Flow: A Critical Forum
on Television and Media Culture is available at http://flowtv.org.
Please stop by and feel free to leave comments.

This issue features columns from:  Hannah Hamad,  Julia Lesage, Konrad
Ng, Robert C. Sickles, Janani Subramanian

This issue's columns in brief:

"'My Wife Calls Him My Boyfriend": Gary Barlow and Robbie Williams'
Reconciliatory Bromance" by Hannah Hamad
http://flowtv.org/2011/02/my-wife-calls-him-my-boyfriend/
This article explores the media narrative and constant scrutiny of the
"bromance" between Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow, members of the
"boy band" Take That.

"Screen Text" by Julia Lesage
http://flowtv.org/2011/02/screen-text/
A consideration of how the iPad and other new media products
facilitate on-screen reading and change the face of both academic
research and leisure time.

"The Visual Style of Jet Lag in the Work of Fiona Tan" by Konrad Ng
http://flowtv.org/2011/02/visual-style-of-jet-lag/
An exploration of jet lag as fragmented pulls of disorienting imagery
in the work of visual artist Fiona Tan.

"Never Say Never, Insurge Pictures, and the Future of Independent
Film" by Robert C. Sickles
http://flowtv.org/2011/02/never-say-never/
The "independent" film Never Say Never, the initial production of
Insurge Pictures, signals the difficulties faced by independent
filmmakers attempting to break into the film industry.

"R.I.P., F.N.L." by Janani Subramanian
http://flowtv.org/2011/02/rip-fnl/
The final season of Friday Night Lights has concluded on DirecTV but
will be resurrected in April, 2011, on NBC. This column is equal parts
clear eyes and full heart in delivering the show's eulogy.

Interested in supporting Flow? Click HERE http://flowtv.org/about/support/

FlowTV is now on Twitter! Follow Flow's Twitter page at:
http://twitter.com/flowtv

FlowTV is also on Facebook! Get updates on your news feed by becoming
a fan: www.facebook.com/FlowTV

We look forward to your visit and encourage your comments.

Best wishes,

Flow Editorial Staff

http://www.ScreenSite.org