SCREEN-L Archives

April 1996, Week 2

From:
Dennis Bingham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 09:11:17 -0500
I am surprised to hear aoubt the unavailability of FIRECREEK on 16mm, but
it happens more and more that as old prints wear out, the distributors
are loathe to replace them, unless the films are inordinately popular.

My favorite anti-heroic western is THE NAKED SPUR (Anthony Mann, 1953),
one of the five westerns Mann made with an off-cast James Stewart and the
most uncompromising and anti-formula of the bunch.  As far as I know, it
is available on MGM-UA home video and on 16mm from Swank.

Hope this helps.

Dennis Bingham
Indiana University-Indianapolis