SCREEN-L Archives

March 1995, Week 2

Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 1995 13:40:58 CST
I'd like to concur with a fellow FSU student and with Gregg Weir, in that
focusing on NYU, UCLA, USC and Columbia as the best put a little too much
credence in history and supposed reputation than on any substance.  Over
the last two years an FSU Film has won the Student Emmy in either the
musical or narrative category.  Although a young program FSU Graduate Film
School (Separate from Tallahassee's undergrad program -- at least for the
time being) has the largest sound stage of any film school in the country.
 We are state of the art in every way, and you won't leave $60,000 in debt
after you leave, because the state of Florida funds the thesis projects.
From On-Line to AVID's Film Composer to Digidesign's Pro-Tools -- you name
it we have the equipment and the instruction to utilize it to its fullest
potential.

No matter which film school you attend you only get out what you put in...
I know just as many film students from NYU working in restaurants as in
any other film school.  The bottom line is preserverance and dedication --
if you love what you do and are willing to sweat out the hard periods you
should succeed.

R.L. Saul
FSU Graduate Film School