SCREEN-L Archives

March 2001, Week 3

From:
Debbie Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:02:13 -0800
I don't know if this would be helpful, but "Contested
Culture" by Jane Gaines (1991) looks at the phenomenon
of images as legal property. She looks at star
contracts, etc., beginning with the 1884 supreme court
decision about the authorship of a photo of Oscar
Wilde. It doesn't focus specifically on the production
code, but might be useful to you.
Debbie Olson
Central Washington University
Dept. of English