Professor – Research Academic, Digital and Experimental Media
Apply now Job no: 497006
Work type: Full time
Location: Bedford Park
Categories: Level E, College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences
Academic Level E
Position Reports to:
Dean (People and Resources)
Please Direct Application Enquiries to:
Professor Vanessa Lemm
[log in to unmask]
Monday, 13 May 2019 11am
The Professor will lead and undertake research in the field of Digital and Experimental Media on behalf of the College. The position will provide leadership and vision in setting the strategic research directions and goals for the area, expanding the research area through the attraction of external funding and contract income and establishing its reputation on an international scale in alignment with the strategic directions of the College and University.
The position will be responsible for engaging with industry, government and other external organisations, strengthening research collaborations internally and externally and supporting recruitment of international and domestic higher degree research students and externally funded research fellows.
In addition, the position will be required to provide leadership and direction to staff and students in relation to research plans, the development of successful track records in strategic areas of research and the provision of feedback on individual grant applications and publications.
Please note: Pursuant to the Children’s Protection Act 1993 (SA) this position has been deemed prescribed. It is an inherent requirement of the position that the successful candidate maintains a current Child Related Employment Screening which is satisfactory to the University.
Information For Applicants:
You are required to provide a suitability statement of no more than three pages, addressing the key capabilities of the position description. In addition, you are required to upload your CV.
We are seeking to increase the diversity to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore we encourage female applicants, people with a disability and/or people from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
The Professor is accountable for:
• Making an outstanding and distinguished contribution to research and engagement through original and innovative research, obtaining substantial external research funding and contract income and producing publications in high quality journals, at a sustained level, and delivering high quality research presentations that align with the College areas of research strength and focus.
• Providing expertise and leadership in ethical, high quality and innovative research.
• Providing mentorship to and development of early and mid-career researchers, and supervision of Higher Degree Research students.
• Undertaking guest lecturing in areas of expertise to inspire and encourage students and colleagues to engage in further study and/or undertake research.
• Leading and developing strategic planning and professional activities relevant to promoting research and identifying opportunities to expand and grow external research income and publications.
• Undertaking a significant leadership role in the College/University in fostering research excellence and making a significant contribution to research leadership in the field at the national and/or international level.
• Providing leadership and expertise to foster strategic local, national and international relationships, collaboration and networks with a range of stakeholders including industry, government and other external organisations.
• Contributing to the management and administration of research in the College.
• Any other responsibilities in line with the level of the position as assigned by the Supervisor and/or the University.
KEY POSITION CAPABILITIES
• Completion of a PhD in Creative Arts or equivalent qualification in a relevant field.
• National and international eminence in a research area aligned with the College’s research strengths.
• An outstanding and distinguished record of high-quality research publications and/or creative works.
• A significant record of attracting external national and/or international research funding.
• Evidence of significant, substantial and sustained research impact at a national or international level.
• Demonstrated excellence and leadership in the supervision of research students.
• Significant and sustained excellence in leadership and mentorship of research teams and programs.
• A demonstrated strong track record of establishing and maintaining effective research collaborations with external national and international partners.
• Demonstrated success in leadership in non-traditional research outputs and the communication of their value internally and externally.
• Demonstrated ability to provide strong academic leadership and expertise in professional and community activities that complement the research activities of the College.
• Outstanding interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with significant external partners and stakeholders.
• Evidence of upholding the values and ethos of the University.
• Demonstrated evidence of undertaking high quality teaching in a tertiary environment, including involvement in topic coordination and curriculum design (desirable
For further information or to apply, go to: http://jobs.flinders.edu.au/cw/en/job/497006/professor-research-academic-digital-and-experimental-media
Online resources for film/TV studies may be found at ScreenSite