SCREEN-L Archives

September 2001, Week 1

Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 16:54:10 +0200
Recently I bought the Fox-Lorber DVD of LA NOTTE. Besides from, perversely,
being in a full-screen format, I was shocked to see that several shots were
lacking in the start of the film.

The DVD started directly with the credits, but in the version I have seen here
in Europe, both on TV and in the cinema, there are three or four shots before
the credits, the first of a bus driving in a street and then some shots of
futuristic-looking buildings.

Do anybody on this list know if there is a special American version of this
film, omitting these introductory shot? The shot of the bus shows a huge
reflection on the side of the bus, thus stating for the first time the
reflection motif that runs through the whole film, so it is not as if these
shots doesn't matter.

Dag Sødtholt,
NORWAY

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite