SCREEN-L Archives

November 1994, Week 3

Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 1994 12:00:44 CST
There are quite a few interesting films being made in India that the West
does not get to see.  I worked at the DC International Film Festival and
found it very difficult to find distributors who had 16mm prints with
subtitles. I am from India so I already had a background in the imaginative
and entertaining world of Hindi Films but unfortunatly it looks like unless
one speaks and understands the language the films will be closed off from
Western audiences.

Senain Kheshgi