SCREEN-L Archives

December 2011, Week 3

Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:29:47 +0000
Sender:
From:
Darcey West Morris <[log in to unmask]>
This week’s In Media Res theme focus is Occupy: Local Expressions (December 19-23).

Here's the line-up:
http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/

Monday, December 19, 2011 - Raechel Tiffe (University of Minnesota) presents: What Do You Mean We Don’t Have Goals?: Media Neglect of Occupy’s Anti-Foreclosure Work

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - Amanda Ann Klein (East Carolina University) presents: Occupy Greenville: What Should Local Look Like?

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - Rachel Silverman (Embry Riddle University) presents: Zuccotti By The Sea

Thursday, December 22, 2011 - Abigail Selzer King (Purdue University) presents: Metaphor, Translation, and OCCUPY AMSTERDAM

Friday, December 23, 2011 - Barbara Iverson (Columbia College Chicago) presents: Occupy Chicago: Curating a Story Over Time and Space

Theme week organized by Alisa Perren (Georgia State University) and Karen Petruska (Georgia State University).

New call for curators just added for theme week entitled "Filmmaker as Activist: Engaging Audience and Building Community." Click the link for more info:

To receive links for each day’s posts and stay up to date on our latest calls for curators, please be sure “like” our newly launched Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/mediacommons.inmediares

You can also follow us on Twitter at @MC_IMR

For more information, please contact In Media Res at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or email the Coordinating Editor, Alisa Perren, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Best,
The In Media Res Team

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org