SCREEN-L Archives

March 2007, Week 3

From:
Krin Gabbard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:17:40 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

I know that several films were scheduled to be released in the days after
September 11, 2001, but were held back because the studios had qualms about
putting their films out there so soon after the 9/11.  I think the list
includes

      Black Hawk Down
      The Quiet American
      Buffalo Soldiers

Were there others?  And is my list accurate?

Many thanks to all of you.

Cheers,
      krin

Krin Gabbard
Professor of Comparative Literature and English
Humanities 2048
State University of New York
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5355
(631) 632-7460
(631) 632-5707 (fax)

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org