SCREEN-L Archives

September 1994

From:
Sally Waters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 1994 11:24:42 -0500
Ok, well this isn't exactly a tourist site, but it's MINE....
Back in the late 50's, the film "The Strange One" - about a
domineering sociopathic cadet at a Southern military school -
was made on this campus. Starring George Peppard, Ben Gazzara,
Pat Hingle - a very good movie, but not out on video yet. Anyway,
if you ever watch it, it's loaded with scenes of this campus -
our tower, Great Hall, courtyard - and of the dormitories. Actually,
when I interviewed for the job here, I was told that a movie was
made on the campus but no one could remember the name of it - and
then I saw the doors of the dorm rooms and recognized them from
the movie.

Sally G. Waters, Queen of Reference   /   "Dignity.
([log in to unmask])           /    Always dignity."
Stetson Univ. College of Law Library  /
1401 61st St. S.                      / --Don Lockwood
St. Petersburg, FL  33707             /

Good movie, good scenes of our beautiful campus -