SCREEN-L Archives

April 1995, Week 3

From:
Bryan Ray Fruth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 1995 10:35:53 CDT
The Midwest Popular Culture Association and The Midwest American Culture
Association is now in the organization stages for its annual conference
to be held in Indianapolis, IN on November 3 and 4, 1995.  I am
attempting to organize a panel entitled "(De)Constructing Masculinity."
All paper proposals related to masculinity in art, photography, film,
literature, mass culture, politics, etc. are welcome.  I am particularly
interested in feminist and/or queer critiques/assessments of masculinity
and representations of the male body.  If you are interested please
contact me by email and include:  your name, school affiliation, address,
phone number, email address, and presentation title, as well as any A/V
equiptment needed.  Final proposals are due by July 1, 1995.  Also, if
you know of anyone else who may be interested, please pass the word
along.  Thanks a lot!

Bryan Fruth                                        Email:[log in to unmask]
American Culture Studies
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green  OH   43402