SCREEN-L Archives

August 1995, Week 1

Sender:
From:
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 1995 09:58:49 -0600
Kristine J. Butler asks:
"Can anyone confirm or negate for me whether Chantal Akerman ever worked
with Godard in any capacity?  I seem to remember that she worked for him in
a technical capacity on one of his films, but I can't verify this, and
there is so little information about Akerman's work in the libraries to
which I have access...

Thanks in advance,"

There are undoubtedly much more knowledgable sources out there, but the rather
long (for Cinemania) bio in Cinemania only mentions that she was inspired into
filmmaking by a viewing of PIERROT LE FOU and there is no work with Godard cited
on her filmography.

BTW, I noticed that a video collection of some of her short films is now for
 sale
at our brand new Barnes and Noble.

Don Larsson, Mankato State U (MN)