SCREEN-L Archives

January 1998, Week 4

From:
Mehdi Semati <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 17:21:29 -0500
Greetings--

I was seeking a recommendation for a text(book).  I teach a class in video
(field) production. In this class students are expected to do some
editing.  Can you recommend a book that explains for beginners the history
and fundamental principles of editing (in film and/or video) as developed
in Hollywood? I am not looking for books that explain technical dimensions
(i.e. equipment), but a book that explains the aesthetic dimensions of
editing.  Any recommendation whatsoever is greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Mehdi Semati
Michigan Technological University
email [log in to unmask]