SCREEN-L Archives

November 1992

Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1992 08:17:39 EST
According to Julie Friedline:

> I am beginning some research for a paper that will deal with Comedy
> Central's (cable TV channel) live coverage of the Republican and
> Democratic conventions this past summer. I did manage to videotape some of
> the coverage, but I would really like to have it all. This may be a long
> shot, but does anyone have any ideas about where I might look? Also, does
> anyone know of any work being done on this? If anyone saw the coverage,
> I'd like to hear any comments you might have. Thanks!
>
> J.Friedline
> U of Iowa
> Communication Studies

I watched it also, including the election returns.  I loved
it.  It was obviously biased coverage, but my personal leanings
were not offended.  An intersting comment Al Frankin made one
evening stated that since they were a cable channel, they
didn't have to be fair.  One of the highlights had to be Penn
Gillette's commercials for Ross Perot.  Beautiful stuff.  I
collect political television and would love to have this also.
I was going to call Comedy Central directly, but I am not at
work and don't have their number handy.

Along the same lines, E! has been running a pseudo-documentary
from the Pat Paulsen 1968 Presidential campaign.  Also very
good.

Good luck with the research.  I would be very intersted in it.
Keep us informed.
--
Rick E. Provine
Media Librarian