SCREEN-L Archives

June 1999, Week 3

From:
Michael Gant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:31:17 +0100
I don't know if this is of any help but I think the availability of this
kind of information will depend very much on the period of time you are
looking at.  I have been attempting to find details of grosses of films
going back as far as 1945 and it seems that it is only in 1948 that anyone
starts compiling this sort of data and even then the data is based on
rentals rather than grosses. Obviously the kind of information
you seem to be seeking is more detailed than simple grosses and my hunch
would be that, if this information is available at all, it would only be
in relation to the recent past.  If this is any help and you want to
discuss this further off-list please email me at

Mike Chopra-Gant
Media and Communications Dept
Goldsmiths College
University of London