SCREEN-L Archives

October 1992

Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1992 23:19:47 EST
 I don't remember the title, but wasn't there a movie where Shirley
 MacLaine (I think) keeps marrying men who become rich then die
 tragically (comically)?  One's a singing star who gets mobbed by
 his fans.  The last person she marries is a poor farmer; she's so
 happy 'til he strikes oil & she thinks it's all happening again,
 but it turns out he's struck a pipeline or underground container,
 instead.