SCREEN-L Archives

May 1995, Week 3

Sender:
From:
Meredith McMinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 1995 20:51:00 CDT
Hi!
This is cross-posted, so please forgive any redundancy.

Once again, I'm going to New York City for a research trip and am in need
of a sublet (or housesit situation).  This time I'm committed to staying
about 6 weeks, from mid-August to about the end of September.  I don't
necessarily need to stay in the same place the whole time, but that would,
of course, be preferable.

I'll be working regularly in an office at 57th and Broadway.  Any place
that's an easy subway ride from there would be good.

I'm a little reluctant to try to get something out of a regular newspaper.
I have tried to contact housing offices at NYU and Columbia but got
stonewalled.  If anyone there could post my request or relay it to
departments to post, I'd appreciate it.  Also, if anyone knows of any kind
of service that helps visiting artists and scholars in locating temporary
housing, that would be helpful, too.

*Any* NYC netters, if you know or hear of a place or can ask around, I'd be
eternally grateful.

Thanks.

Meredith McMinn
University of California, Santa Barbara.