SCREEN-L Archives

April 2001, Week 4

From:
Reagan Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 18:24:52 -0400
I was wondering if list members have any suggestions of films that directly
or indirectly critique capitalism. I know this is a broad categorization,
ranging from Chaplin to Godard, Bunuel to _American Beauty_, but I am not
looking for some exhaustive, comprehensive list, instead I am looking for
films that list members think are particularly striking or useful examples
of this.

Further I am also interested in any literature (in the film studies arena)
on the following: Marxist studies or analyses of cinema or particular
films, any work that has used Jameson, any texts or essays that have dealt
with the political in general, and any studies on the didactic.

Thank you so much.

Best,
Reagan