SCREEN-L Archives

April 1996, Week 2

From:
Annie Goldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 14:03:40 GMT+1300
I have currently writing a low budget feature script on a political topic
(involving Timor and New Zealand) and am wanting to shoot it documentary
style, foregrounding history as opposed to the psychology of the
individual. It appears that the topic is too politically sensitive to fund
here as a documentary.
Can people recommend features that fit into this type of
category? I am thinking along the lines of Hidden Agenda, The Crying Game
(apparently there's an earlier Neil Jordan but I don't know the name),
Battle of Algiers. It would probably have to be something relatively
available as access here can be a bit of a problem sometimes. I'm terrified
of making something too individualistic, too hero-making so need
inspiration in the other direction.

Thanks
Annie Goldson
64 9 373 7599 x7339