SCREEN-L Archives

March 2007, Week 3

From:
Tim Shary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:07:48 -0500
Well, "Collateral Damage" was controversial, but I'm not sure if it was
delayed.  "Zoolander" had some kind of Twin Towers shot that was removed, as
did an Edward Burns movie that I forget now-- but again, I don't know if
these issues delayed their release.  And then there was the famous
"Spider-Man" (2002) ad campaign featuring the title character on the Twin
Towers that had to be scrapped.

There should be some good stories out there about the delicate marketing
atmosphere after 9/11...

Tim

Dr. Timothy Shary
Associate Professor of Screen Studies