Author: [log in to unmask]
Date: 12/11/94 4:52 PM
[Editor's note: This message was submitted to SCREEN-L by the "Author" noted
above, and not by Jeremy Butler ([log in to unmask]).]
DC Fowl wrote 12/9/94 about how Screen-L does not talk of film making,
techniques, new ideas, etc. but is really the screen version of Trivial Pursuit.
I would like to see this list become more technical too. I personally
would like to talk about lighting techniques, film stocks, dolly perferences,
I have been in film for almost a year (doing freelance). I currently work
as an AC. I am interested in learning more about things I can use on a shoot.
I have some questions to hopefully stir some discussion:
1. Has anyone shot with HMIs out of sync with the camera? What was the outcome?
2. Has anyone done any film tests on Kodak's new stock EXR 250T 5287?
What were the results? Is it really Kodak's version of Agfa's XTR 250?
3. Anyone own one of the blow-up changing bags? What do you think of it,
as compared to the Harrison changing tent? Where could one buy one?
4. What are the elements one can look for to tell if the 35 print was blown
up from Super 16?
5. Why are Fuji film stocks so sensitive to red hues?
I hope that some of you are experienced with thesethings and can be so kind
to answer my questions.