SCREEN-L Archives

March 1997, Week 4

From:
"D. R. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 17:14:45 -0500
"Shocker" (one of my favorite bad-horror/slasher-type movies) has a
bad-guy character who becomes pure electricity, and in a scene near
the end, the good guy is somehow projected into the television to fight
him.  And in the recent movie, "Scream," the bad guys use watching horror
movies as their excuse for being mass murderers, AND, some horror flick is
ALWAYS on in the background!

On TV, a classic example of projecting ourselves into movies/tv would be
"Max Headroom,"  the TV series.  And the show "Dream On" uses scenes from
classic television to display the lead character's thoughts.  Also, I know
that a couple of sit-coms have had the main characters project themselves
into a TV program or a movie in a dream sequence ("Roseanne" and the
men of "One Life to Live" comes to mind).

D. R. Smith
"The Force will be with you... Always."

University of Alabama.