SCREEN-L Archives

September 2011, Week 1

From:
Darcey West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2011 14:31:37 +0000
In Media Res is pleased to announce our general call for Fall 2011.  Below is a list of theme weeks for which we’re seeking curators.  Proposals may be brief, and for more information, please visit our website at http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/imr/current-calls

The Good Wife: October 10 - 14, 2011

Mediating Baseball:  October 24 - 28, 2011

AMC: October 31 - November 4, 2011

Sports Scandals: November 28 - December 2, 2011

Media Fragments and Virtual Museums: December 5 - 9, 2011

America’s Next Top Model: January 9 - 13, 2011

What Are These Technological Things?: January 16 - 20, 2011

Academics, journalists, critics, media professionals and fans are all welcome to submit proposals.

The actual piece should include a 30-second to 3-minute clip, an image, or a slideshow accompanied by a 300 to 350 word response to/contextualization of the clip, image, or slideshow. In addition to curating your piece, you will be expected to engage with the other pieces presented that week as a means of fostering discussion and further fleshing out the individual topic in relation to the week’s theme.

Have a suggestion for a theme week for spring 2012? Please email us at [log in to unmask] for more information on how to propose a theme week.