SCREEN-L Archives

April 1993

From:
Buck Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1993 13:11:41 -0400
kjf
        You got me there...but imagine if the Amerindian culture had not
been erradicated--for all intents and purposes--would it then, under the
influence of a democracy, have produced an Einstein or a Newton?  I would
like to think so...but i imagine that had the culture been allowed to
continue on, like the Aborigineese (sp) in Austrailia, the nation may have
developed differently (duh).
        What do you think about the influence of PC (political Correctness)
on the portrayal of the American Indian in Film?  I think that there is also
a positive trend towards historical accuracy--in costume, language development
so on--as seen in Dances With Wolves, The Last of the Mohicans ('92 version).
        That's my two cents worth . . .

                        Buck