SCREEN-L Archives

December 2003, Week 2

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:34:45 +0100
From:
Britta Feyerabend <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Hello,

I am fairly new to this list, but am already impressed on what a plethora of
collected wisdom the list has to offer to some of the most unlikely
questions. So I thought I'd try to test your collective brains also: can you
name secondary sources as to the uses of nostalgia in film?

More closely, I am writing an American Studies  dissertation on Woody Allen
and postmodern nostalgia and, as of yet, I am lacking appropiate secondary
materials (apart from Linda Hutcheon and Phil Powrie) which discuss
nostalgia AND film. Often, sources on nostalgia are focussed on one very
limited subject (such as early nineteenth century French film) and are hard
to use in a study on more contemporary New York City materials. As I am not
a film scholar, I seem somewhat out of ideas of where I could find such
materials.

Any ideas? I'd be very grateful...
Greetings from Germany!
Britta