SCREEN-L Archives

July 1994

Sender:
From:
Ara Rubyan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 1994 15:08:18 EDT
Recently Kurt Gegenhuber replied to the following post:

> It's not high art.  It's not the best film ever made.  But darnit,
> it's a well-spent entertainment buck, and not every filmgoer out there
> wait in line and spends his/her money to be politicized.

Oh yes they do, whether they have the time or inclination to think about
it or not. By the way, ever read any Harriet Beecher Stowe?
Yes, and I also read Charles Dickens and Mark Twain.  So what's your point?
 I know that Frank Zappa once said disdainfully to the audience at the
Fillmore in 1967 that they were all wearing uniforms whether they knew it or
not...but you know sometimes we REALLY just want to have fun, that's all.