SCREEN-L Archives

October 1996, Week 4

Sender:
From:
HR Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 15:52:51 -0400
accents are over the top spoofs. Acting superb, not just Macy -- how about
the guy from Bergman's Swedish theater who plays Gaeer Grimsrud? Pretty good,
I'd say!

just did a piece for PSYCHIATRIC TIMES (and expanded elsewhere) on Prairie
Home Death Trip and FARGO and such, anybody interested, send me a realtime
address as
AOL is terrible about forwarding MSs. As per the film, I'll send it to you in
a jiff.

Eerie experience: was in Bangor, ME this summer; just across from Holiday Inn
is the pride of the town, largest statue of Paul Bunyan in the world, 36
feet,  end of story.. The Coens actually had a mockup of the real statue in
Brainerd made to make it lookmore menacing. The Bangor item was more
schrecklich than the Coen simulacra.

HR Greenberg MD                    endit

"He has many knives, and none of them are sharp..."