SCREEN-L Archives

January 2021, Week 2

From:
"Peaslee, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 2021 02:43:46 +0000
With apologies for cross-posting, I’m pleased to announce that we are hiring in my department.

This position comes with an annual endowment of $25,000 (on top of salary) to be put toward scholarly, curricular, outreach, or other relevant outcomes. I’m co-chairing the search with Dr. Miglena Sternadori, so please reach out to me with any questions.

Visiting Professor of Practice (Open Rank): Morris Professor of Emerging Journalism Practice
Requisition Number: 22614BR

https://www.depts.ttu.edu/comc/about/employment/visiting-pop-morris-prof-of-emerging-jour.php

The College of Media & Communication at Texas Tech University invites applications for a Visiting Professor of Practice in the Department of Journalism & Creative Media Industries beginning September 1, 2021 (Fall 2021). This position is offered as the Morris Professor of Emerging Journalism Practice, an inaugural fellowship seeking a faculty member who has made notable contributions to journalism in their professional career and whose experience significantly enhances our students' preparation and adaptability.

The successful candidate will be based on Texas Tech's Lubbock campus and be responsible for teaching online, hybrid, and/or terrestrial courses in the JCMI Department as assigned by the Chair. This is a 9-month position, annually renewable for two academic years, with the potential for a third year pending budget availability and performance review factors. The teaching load for this position is five courses per academic year, including one course release granted to accommodate additional demands associated with the Morris Professorship. The Morris Professorship comes with an annual operating budget of approximately $25,000 designed to support research, curriculum development, programming, grant-seeking, and/or outreach efforts related to emerging journalism practice.

All best,
Rob

———————————————————————
Robert Moses Peaslee, PhD
[he, him, his]
Associate Professor & Chair
Department of Journalism & Creative Media Industries<https://www.depts.ttu.edu/comc/about/college/jcmi/>

Now available:
THE SUPERVILLAIN READER (co-editor with Robert G. Weiner)
University Press of Mississippi
Online: www.upress.state.ms.us/Books/T/The-Supervillain-Reader<http://www.upress.state.ms.us/Books/T/The-Supervillain-Reader>

Coordinator, TTU International Film Series
Faculty Affiliate, Thomas Jay Harris Institute for Hispanic and International Communication
Area Chair - Graphic Novels, Comics, & Popular Culture - Southwest Popular/American Culture Association

College of Media & Communication
Texas Tech University
MS 3082
Lubbock, TX 79409

806.834.2562

----
Screen-L is sponsored by the College of Communication and Information Sciences,
the University of Alabama: https://cis.ua.edu