SCREEN-L Archives

August 2003, Week 2

Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:52:22 -0400
i have recently, quite by accident, come upon a book previously
totally unknown to  me, MOVING PICTURES: A NEW THEORY
OF FILM GENRES, FEELINGS, AND COGNITION by torben
grodal, of the university of copenhagen . . . the book is patently
very ambitious [the title alone is enough to show that] and ? at
first quick glance ? seems impressively thorough . . . so it's very
surprising to me that the author's name is so unfamiliar, not only
to me but to the few other cinema studies people i've informally
polled

i'm wondering whether his work is known to others reading this,
and whether there has been any previous discussion of it in this
listserv [or elsewhere] . . . all leads would be most welcome

thanks

mike