SCREEN-L Archives

March 2009, Week 1

From:
Smith Iain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 2009 13:41:08 -0000
Danielle,

The document that would help you is the SCMS 'Statement of Best Practices in Fair Use in Teaching for Film & Media Educators.' It explains and clarifies US copyright law in the area and describes the key exemptions which allow educators to make clips from films for teaching.

See http://www.cmstudies.org (first item on the news menu on the right)

Hope that helps

Iain

----
Iain Robert Smith
Institute of Film and Television
School of American and Canadian Studies
University of Nottingham
University Park
NG7 2RD

Editorial Board,
Scope: An Online Journal of Film and Television Studies
website: http://www.scope.nottingham.ac.uk/ <http://www.scope.nottingham.ac.uk/>

Executive Committee,
MeCCSA Post-Graduate Network
website: http://www.meccsa.org.uk/pgn/ <http://www.meccsa.org.uk/pgn/>