SCREEN-L Archives

February 1998, Week 4

From:
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 15:53:18 -0600
Julie Grossman requests:

> I'm beginning work on a book abt film noir and am wondering if
> any of you have suggestions abt particular collections or archives that I
> may find useful.  I'm thinking of heading for the UCLA film research
> archive, where I know I can find restored films such as _Double
> Indemnity_ and a generally large collection of films, but I'm having a
> hard time (through phone and websites) discovering if there would be
> enough of specific interest to warrant the trip.  I know UCLA
> also houses scripts and press materials in its special collections, but
> again, I'm wondering if any of you have more direct experience of the
> resources there, or of anywhere else you think might offer good research
> material and film collections on the subject of film noir.  Thanks very
> much in advance.

The Center for Film and Theater Research at the University of Wisconsin
has a large collective of classic RKO films that include films produced
by Adrian Scott and directed by Dmytryck and others such as MURDER, MY
SWEET and CROSSFIRE.

There are also some archival materials there, though not as extensive
as you may be looking for.

Have you tried contacting the various archives directly by e-mail?  You
should be able to find addresses at ScreenSite or the universities' own
webpages.

Don Larsson
Donald Larsson, Mankato State U (MN)

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/screensite