SCREEN-L Archives

October 2004, Week 4

Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 17:06:58 EDT
In a message dated 10/12/04 10:06:59 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

> I am trying to track down any copies of a film by Marcel L'Herbier,
> called "L'Inhumaine" (one English translation is "The Inhuman Woman"), from
> 1924. Apparently some of the sets were designed by Fernand Leger, and I know
> that I've met people who've seen and studied it.  That's about all I've got
> to go on, so please let me know if you have any leads.  Thank you--

Dear Tim,

I don't know if anybody answered this question, but L'Inhumaine has shown at
least a couple of times in 35mm at the Alliance Francaise in NYC over the past
fifteen years or so. Marie Losier is the programmer there and you can ask.
The only other possibility is that it was released on DVD in France recently.
You should try the French-American Cultural Exchange in NY (
http://www.facecouncil.org/) or www.FNAC.com or the French site for Amazon. Or if it's owned by
Gaumont, trying their archivist, Martine Offroy, in Paris.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640