SCREEN-L Archives

March 1994

From:
Doyle Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 1994 19:41:16 -0700
Greg,

How about A GUY NAMED JOE (1943) and Spielberg's ALWAYS (1989).

Also, there is Werner Herzong's film, NOSFERATU which has parallels with
the early 20's German film directed by F. W. Murnau.

And another!  THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS (1920, dir. Maurince Tourneur and Clarenc
   e Brown) and the recent film starring Daniel Day Lewis (dir. Anthony (?) Mann
   ).

And another!  THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS (1920, dir. Maurince Tourneur and Clarenc
   e Brown) and the recent film starring Daniel Day Lewis (dir. Anthony (?) Mann
   ).

(Oops!  I seem to have copied lines.  My apologies for the clutter.)

I haven't seen the original, but I believe the two films, JEAN DE FLORETTE
and MANON DES SOURCES, were remakes of a Pagnol film of the early 1950's.  But
I can't be sure.

Chers!

Doyle Burke
Mesa Community College (AZ)

(That should be "Cheers," not a remake of the popular actor who was formerly
a rock singer.)