SCREEN-L Archives

November 2009, Week 1

From:
k schoonover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 2009 09:54:25 -0500
33rd Annual Margaret Mead Film & Video Festival at the American Museum of
Natural History Nov 12-15.
http://www.amnh.org/programs/mead/2009/

33 films, 26 filmmakers in person, 25 premieres.

The Festival holds many gems this year — Travel the world all from the
comfort of the Museum— where you can get to know the people and places
from Mauritania to Mumbai, from Chongqing, China, to St. Petersburg,
Russia, and from the Gulf Coast of southern Florida to right next door in
Brooklyn. We’ll follow the length of a race-track that starts in Paris and
ends in Dakar Senegal, pausing to meet with the communities along the way.
We’ll go north to the Seward Peninsula where a Native Alaskan community
comes together to mourn the impending loss of their land to climate
change. A schoolyard in Brooklyn becomes a battlefield in the War on
Terror. And two historic neighborhoods facing the ugly side of urban
renewal, one in Beijing, the other St. Petersburg.
http://www.amnh.org/programs/mead/2009/ or CALL (212) 769-5200.

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org