SCREEN-L Archives

May 1995, Week 3

From:
Michael Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 1995 11:46:09 CDT

message----------------------------
>This is being cross posted, please forgive the duplication.
>
>I am the library liaison to our film/video department, and would like
>develop a handout for both students and faculty about film research (I
>realize this is a broad topic).  I am hoping that my fellow colleagues
>can give me some ideas.  If you have a handout and are willing to
share,
>that would be a great help!
>
>I am also interested in finding out from film faculty what would be
most
>useful in a handout to you or your students in terms of library
research?
>Your input would be greatly appreciated.
>

>Kimberly Hale, Acquisitions/Serials Librarian
>Columbia College Library
>600 South Michigan Avenue Chicago, IL 60605
>(312) 663-1600, x355 (voice)  (312) 663-1707 (fax)

Re your request, Kim:

Try the following (re)sources:

        Howard University in Washington, D.C., has a Dept. of Radio, TV
& Film and may help regarding diversity issues in film.
        George Mason University in Fairfax, VA, has neat listings on a
variety of topics, including film.
        AFI at the Kennedy Center includes a library, complete with
scripts.

I will forward more as more comes to mind. Peace be the journey!
Mike Tucker