SCREEN-L Archives

June 1994

From:
Bill Covey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 1994 21:45:53 EST
In the midst of a dissertation, I DO surround myself with CAMERA OBSCURA,
DISCOURSE, SCREEN, VELVET LIGHT TRAP, WIDE ANGLE, CINEMA JOURNAL etc, etc.
But I'd like to take a moment to recognize the welcome return of
BRIGHT LIGHTS film journal.  Certainly less"academic"than the previous
journals, this 'zine is filled with fun articles, excellent photos, and
writers who really seem to love visual studies.  If you haven't picked up
a copy yet, look for it in larger magazine stores or beg your library to
re-subscribe.  This is an endorsement from someone who has absolutely
nothing to do with the magazine and who knows none of its editors or
production people.  Keep those issues coming!
Bill Covey
Purdue University