SCREEN-L Archives

August 1995, Week 3

From:
Missy Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 1995 18:46:08 -0600
On Tue, 15 Aug 1995, Stephanie M. Helgesen wrote:

> In the same vein...About fifteen years ago our public television showed a
> class in film from either North or South Carolina. It was a series. The only
> movies I remember are Beauty and the Beast and Renior's
> week-end-in-the-country movie (can't remember the title). Has anyone else
> seen this series? Is it still around? Does anyone know where it could be
> found?

I believe that the series to which you are refering was one produced by
SCETV and called The Cinematic Eye.  It was hosted by then SC film professor,
Bernie Dunlap.  The series no longer exists because of copyright problems
with the current holder(s) of the films.

Perhaps Ina Hark from SC can give more details  ... now
that I know she's been lurking on this list!

-Missy

         Dr. Melissa Lee Price (Missy) | [log in to unmask]
            Dept. Jour/Telecom  Northwestern State University
          http://www.nsula.edu/departments.telecommunications/

                 A techno-humanist for the 21st century