SCREEN-L Archives

January 2010, Week 3

From:
Phil Powrie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 2010 17:06:11 +0000
Studies in French Cinema News

1. Film Matters: Women in Cinema

2. Cinémoi offer

***********************************

1. Film Matters: Women in Cinema

Call for Undergraduate Papers on the Theme "Women in Cinema"

Film Matters, published by Intellect Press, is seeking papers written by
undergraduate film scholars for issue 1.4 (2010).  For more information
about Film Matters, please visit:

· http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-Journal,id=187/
<https://mail.uncw.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=d0500f837dea4ae2906f452288e55060&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.intellectbooks.co.uk%2fjournals%2fview-Journal%2cid%3d187%2f>

· http://filmmattersmagazine.com/
<https://mail.uncw.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=d0500f837dea4ae2906f452288e55060&URL=http%3a%2f%2ffilmmattersmagazine.com%2f>

Calls for papers are open to any undergraduate student, currently
enrolled at an institution of higher learning worldwide and working
towards a bachelor's degree in any field. Recent graduates are also
eligible, providing they submit to a call the deadline for which occurs
within six months from their graduation date. Any original piece of
written scholarship related to the theme of "women in cinema" and
involving film criticism, history, or theory will be considered for
publication. By submitting a paper for this themed call, authors are
certifying that: (1) they are undergraduate students, currently enrolled
at an institution of higher learning and working towards a bachelor's
degree (or they are recent graduates of six months or less from the date
of the call deadline); and (2) their submitted essays are original
pieces of written scholarship, authored solely by them, and have not
been published in any form, in any publication, heretofore.

Submissions should be written in English and range from 2500 to 4000
words in length, with 3000 words being the ideal target. They should be
scholarly in nature, with references to research formatted according to
MLA guidelines (7^th edition). Furthermore, they should make a
well-supported argument and not simply report. Please limit your
submissions to one per author, per call.

After a prescreening, submissions will undergo a blind peer review
process, typical of scholarly journals.  Referee comments will be
returned to those authors who progress beyond the prescreening;
unfortunately, due to the high number of submissions, the editorial
board is unable to provide comments to those papers that do not make it
past this point.  Authors of accepted papers will be expected to work
closely with the FM editorial board to revise their pieces prior to
publication. Please include a cover sheet, which includes the author's
name, title of essay, institutional affiliation, and contact
information; all other identifying information should be removed from
the body of the text, in order to aid the blind peer review process.

Please email submissions as Microsoft Word email attachments to Liza
Palmer ([log in to unmask]
<https://mail.uncw.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=d0500f837dea4ae2906f452288e55060&URL=mailto%3apalmerl%40uncw.edu>).
Submissions should be received by February 1, 2010.  Questions should be
referred to Liza Palmer.

***********************************

2. Cinémoi offer

***Cinémoi, The French Movie Channel

Cinémoi, the first and only channel in the UK dedicated to French film,
entertainment, culture and lifestyle shows la crème-de-la-crème of
French cinema from Renoir to Richet: **www.cinemoi.tv

Our mission at Cinémoi is to bring French film to life for the benefit
of British and foreign audiences. We offer 20 new films every month,
many of which have never been released on UK television. The channel
covers all genres of French film, including thrillers, drama, classics,
comedy, documentaries and soon to be launched kids programmes.

Currently available on Sky channel 343, all films are subtitled in
English and, as a subscriber, you can take advantage of exclusive film
releases and special monthly film seasons, with Fashion, Paris and Urban
Culture coming up in 2010. In addition, there is special coverage from
the Cannes Film Festival, as well as exclusive interviews with prominent
French and international celebrities. Cinémoi also provides the ideal
platform to promote French film and cultural events across the country
through our membership, monthly newsletter and website.

Cinémoi could be a perfect educational tool to use during your lessons
to show to your students some cult films, interviews and new releases
dealing with relevant and current topics.

We would like to offer for you personally, for your class or for your
students a special offer to subscribe to Cinémoi for 6 months for only
£40 (£20 discount).

To redeem this offer, please call our hotline 0845 880 8008 quoting the
code UNIV-01 or visit the subscription page on our website www.cinemoi.tv.

We would also be very happy to send you some posters and other
promotional material for your class as well.

If you would like any further information please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Julien Planté
Artistic Director
CinéMoi, The French Movie Channel