SCREEN-L Archives

May 1994

From:
Mark Poindexter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 May 1994 16:34:44 EDT
I am putting together a filmography and bibliography on African films.
If anyone has any suggestions for inclusions of recent (since 1990) material,
I would appreciate receiving them.  Also, I am looking for sources for
African films.  I have the California Newsreel list, but have not found much
else.  I am especially interested in suppliers that carry  films from both
North and sub-Saharan Africa. (If you have FAX numbers for suppliers so
can send lists of what I want to buy/rent, they would be very useful.)

I have just watched _Mapantsula_, which was initally banned in South Africa.
Does anyone know if this film is still banned there?  (With the recent change
in government, I am wondering how much censorship has been lifted.)