SCREEN-L Archives

May 1994

From:
Thomas Levin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 1994 18:10:24 CDT
Stephen:

Forgive me but I really do think that Chris' suggestion is absolutely
right.  Do we really want to reduce screen-l to a site for the collective
production of thematic film lists?  Surely we have more substantive
things to discuss --and read on our screens-- than endless film titles.
Or perhaps, if you feel strongly that this *is* in fact what we should be
doing, might one suggest that the requests be slightly more thought out,
slightly more specified than --forgive me-- "women and money"?  There are
sites for such thematic homework such as the AFI catalogue, etc, no?  At
least the utterly unspecified "utopia/dystopia" request sparked a debate
about what those categories might mean.  That seems much more appropriate
to our forum.

Tom Levin ([log in to unmask])