SCREEN-L Archives

May 1992

Nate Berggren
Date:
Mon, 4 May 1992 10:11:20 CDT
Hi, this is my first sending to this list.

I have a comment about Phillip K. Dick's "Do Androids Dream of Electric
Sheep"  and "Blade Runner."  A friend of mine told me that a common thread
in Cyberpunk is a dark view of the future and what technology will bring
us.  "Blade Runner" definitely has this aspect, as does "RoboCop."
However, "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" was probably written before
anyone knew what Cyberpunk was.  Therefore, we can look back at it and say
that it fits the Cyberpunk genre, but it was not written to be Cyberpunk.

nate